Mending these pairs of jeans is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while – since I went wore through the knee of one pair then tripped over while out walking and ripped the knee of another pair on a rock. I came across Sashiko – Japanese embroidery and the idea of Boro – mended and patched textiles, on Pinterest. I loved the idea – and look, so gave it a go on the first pair. Then while researching on Pinterest I came across some lovely embroidered patched jeans, so decided to try this too. I looked in all of my local haberdashery shops for Sashiko thread but ended up ordering it online from Japan Crafts along with needles and a coaster kit to try out. I am not sure how these will wash and wear but for now, I am really pleased with the result of my “make do and mend”.
After having new shelves in the kitchen, I decided the pens, pencils, stationery etc needed a good sort out. After the sort out, I then thought new pots were required! I am really pleased with the way these very cheap and easy pots have turned out. They are just made out of empty tins and wallpaper samples.